SO, you're probably thinking, "What the heck is so great about dryer balls anyway?" First, let me start out by sharing with you the benefits of the wool dryer ball in general:
1. The dryer balls bounce around making your clothes and diapers SOFT , much softer than with dryer sheets!
2. The dryer balls bounce around therefore separating your clothes and decreasing your dryer time!
3. Dryer balls are a natural and chemical-free alternative to the classic dryer sheet, therefore, no residue is left in your dryer or on your clothes/ diapers!
4. Dryer balls last for years- that's right, YEARS making them much more cost effective than purchasing dryer sheets! ***MY FAVORITE PERK :)
And now, WHY I LOVE FluffaLumps:
Fluffalumps are dryer balls made by a very sweet WAHM that is passionate about cloth diapering. She started making wool dryer balls to help make her cloth diapers nice and soft without creating build-up like dryer sheets do.
Victoria was kind enough to send me four 100% Peruvian Wool FluffaLumps- 2 for my review and 2 to giveaway! The first thing I noticed about them was how soft they are! I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bright vivid color pallet that Victoria has chosen to use for her dryer balls. I've been using two of her balls for almost two weeks now, and I have definitely noticed both an increase in softness in my laundry and a decrease is dryer time- (although with only two balls, the benefits are only slight. Victoria recommends using 2- 4 Fluffalumps depending on your dryer size and load size if you are wanting to experience a signifiant reduction in drying time and increase in softness).
Overall, I'm very impressed and cannot WAIT to get some more! I especially LOVE how soft my diaper inserts have become. I'm also thinking that with winter on the way I will be line drying less and the Fluffalumps will help me save energy and time by drying my diapers faster! So what are you waiting for? Go try some Fluffalumps TODAY!
FluffaLumps Pricing (from the FluffaLumps Facebook Page):
Any single color wool dryer ball- $8.00
Custom color combination dryer ball (pick up to 3 available colors in photo album)- $9.00
Total custom (You tell me the color you want and I find it)- Cost of skein of wool plus $5.00
**With a total custom you will receive however many dryer balls I could make out of the skein for the price listed above**
Buy 3 dryer balls get the 4th for 50% off
SO, how would you like to win 2 100% Peruvian Wool FluffaLumps?!?
Up for grabs are two wool Fluffalumps in colors Caribbean Blue and Pink Elephant! HERE's how to win:
1. MANDATORY ENTRY: Please visit the Fluffalumps Facebook page and "like" them. Next, go to Victoria's photo album here and choose your favorite wool color. After completing, come back here and leave a comment with your FAVORITE dryer ball color! NOTE: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL CONTACT so that I can get ahold of you if you win (you only need to do this on the mandatory entry).
Extra Entries (Please leave a separate comment for each):
1. Visit Victoria's Etsy page, and tell me what other product you would be interested in trying (1 entry).
2. Follow Victoria on twitter (1 entry).
3. Follow my blog through Goggle Friend Connect (1 entry).
4. Tweet about this giveaway something like, "2 AWESOME Fluffalumps (100% Wool Dryer Balls) are up for grabs over at @ShortyRobs blog! http://tiny.cc/s409c #win #clothdiapers " Leave me the permalink in your comment. (1 entry per day)
CONTEST RUNS FROM SEPT. 16 through, SEPT. 30, 2010 at 11:59 PM ET. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and posted on Oct. 1, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize! GOOD LUCK!
Disclosure: The items listed above in the giveaway are donated to me for the sole purpose of review and giveaway; I was not in anyway compensated for this review. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.