Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte

          A few posts back and I asked my readers to share their favorite recipes for homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Today I finally got a chance to try my own. I've been on a quest to find the Pumpkin Pie Sauce that my friend Ashley suggested, but have yet to find it locally. So instead, here are the ingredients that I used:




1 cup Kroger-brand organic coffee
2 cups vanilla hemp milk
2 tablespoons organic pumpkin (Trader Joe's brand)
2 tablespoons Domino cinnamon/sugar
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
whip cream


          I mixed all ingredients except the coffee and whipped cream together in a saucepan on the stove and whisked until boiling. I then stirred in the brewed coffee, poured in my mug (well actually my fine china tea cup. Drinking out of them makes me smile and I really never use my fine china anyway), and topped it off with a bit of whipped cream sprinkled with a dash of pumpkin pie spice. 

          The results? MMMM, I was really pleased! Of course it was not spot-on the Bucks signature drink, but definitely satisfied my taste buds and brought the warmth of fall memories to my bones. This was enough for 4 small (Tall) cups, or two medium (Grande) drinks. The savings were awesome, and the calories were cut considerably. The Hubcap even enjoyed it and said it was pretty close to the real thing (until of course I informed him I made it with hemp milk). 

         Anyone else had luck with a recipe they just love? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment